Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can I share turbo tax 2023 product key with a family member if we have different turbo tax log in accounts?

This worked for me and saved me a ton of frustration... thanks for posting. 

rsirtak

Can I share turbo tax 2023 product key with a family member if we have different turbo tax log in accounts?

So in my case, my wife and I are separated living in two different addresses, yet installation can only be downloaded based on one account.  I must use my wife's account and password etc to download the software to my laptop.  Correct?

Yes.

rsirtak

How?

You have to ask her for her login info.  That is only to install the program.  You won't be able to see each other's returns.   You can use your account to efile and pay any fees.  

One way to get around this by creating a brand new TT account to activate the license. This account will only be used to install the software. Provide this brand new account to other family members to install. Once you installed the software, then you can sign in to your own TT account and start your own return.

bobsauers

I disagree with your answer regarding TurboTax desktop.

In previous years, when e-filing a return, one had to login each time when filing returns for different family members on the same computer.  That way, one could have different Intuit accounts for each family member and save credit card info, etc.

Now, TT Desktop NO LONGER asks to login when e-filing.  Therefore, all e-filing info (address, phone, CC, etc.) is saved to the main person's Intuit account.

The change is HORRIBLE!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies