white0707

Can I leave my state return

Can I leave my state return

If you do not wish to file the state return you don't need to do so ... either delete it  or   ignore it.  

Can I leave my state return

But do remember that e-filing  and online preparation will close permanently in mid-October.   If you do not e-file the state return by then, the only way you will be able to file it is by mail.    You could go ahead and print it out now and mail it at a later time.   If you are getting a refund you will not incur late fees or a penalty for filing past the deadline.   If you owe state tax due then your interest and penalties have already begun to accumulate since the filing deadline in April.   If you have not fully prepared the state return, you will lose the ability to use the online program after mid-October, and will have to download the desktop software to a full PC or Mac in order to complete your state return.