turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I install Turbotax Home and Business AND Turbotax Premier on the same computer for the same year?

I've already prepared my returns with the Home and Business edition, and now I need to prepare my Mother-in-laws return with the Premier.  I put in the disk but nothing happens.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I install Turbotax Home and Business AND Turbotax Premier on the same computer for the same year?

No.  I see you are using Windows.  You cannot install 2 personal tax products for the same year on the same computer.  But there's no reason you can't use the Home and Business Edition you already have installed to prepare the other return.  

The Home and Business Edition can handle everything that Premier can.   You don't need 2 products in that case. 

In the desktop version, both of those products can handle all of the same forms and schedules.  i.e., they differ mainly in the amount of help and guidance.

If you purchased Premier thinking you needed both products, we can tell you how to get a refund.  Or maybe you can give it to another relative, friend, etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

No.  I see you are using Windows.  You cannot install 2 personal tax products for the same year on the same computer.  But there's no reason you can't use the Home and Business Edition you already have installed to prepare the other return.  

The Home and Business Edition can handle everything that Premier can.   You don't need 2 products in that case. 

In the desktop version, both of those products can handle all of the same forms and schedules.  i.e., they differ mainly in the amount of help and guidance.

If you purchased Premier thinking you needed both products, we can tell you how to get a refund.  Or maybe you can give it to another relative, friend, etc.

icleen

I bought the turbo tax premier at Costco and installed it.  Then I found out I needed the home and business, bought it from Costco yesterday and could not install it.  I will have to uninstall the Premier.  Please let me know how I can get a refund for the turbo tax premier.  Thanks.

Why did you buy Home & Business?  Premier will work.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. And you could have upgraded Premier to Home & Business directly inside the program and only paid the difference.  

How to contact Turbo Tax
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies