Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

can i do my taxes over

2 Replies
New Member

can i do my taxes over

Yes you can. If you have already submitted them you will need to submit an amended return (1040-X).

It doesn't cost extra from the IRS, but you might need a special Turbo Tax software to file these.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

can i do my taxes over

@Daimonds54 To add to the above information, if you have already e-filed or mailed the return, then you will need to wait until the IRS has accepted or rejected that return before you can make any changes. You can amend your return to make changes.

  • If they reject it, then you can make the needed changes and re-submit the return.  How do I fix a rejected return?

  • If they accept it, then you will need to wait until you have received your refund, if applicable, and then amend that return to make changes, if needed. Amended returns have to be printed and mailed in and take up to 16 weeks to be processed.   

If accepted, wait until you have received your refund or taxes due paid, then you can go here for instructions on amending your return. 


If you have not filed yet, as long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered, you can erase your return and start from scratch in TurboTax Online. Please see the link below for instructions:


How do I clear and start over in TurboTax Online?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings