Can I cancel my taxes

ksears110

Can I cancel my taxes

AlanT222

Can I cancel my taxes

Unfortunately, once you filed your income tax return, you cannot cancel it.  

As long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered, you can erase your return and start from scratch in TurboTax Online.

1. Sign in and select a topic to continue your return.
  2. On the next screen, from the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then Clear & Start Over (select the menu icon in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
  3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.

Can I cancel my taxes

Did you already file it?

You cannot change or add anything on the return that you e-filed.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return. Which won't be until Feb 12 this year. If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and add or change it and resend it. Click on Add a State to let you back into your return..

If the IRS accepts your return, then you have to wait until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or paid the tax due. THEN you can prepare an amended tax return 1040X and mail it in. You cannot e-file an amended return.  Meanwhile, DO NOT change anything on your return until you start the amended return. If you did change or add the missing info then take it out and put your return back to the way it was when you first filed it.

You can check your efiling status here,
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

How to amend an Online return
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577