turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I access 2017 through 2018

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Here is how to get into your 2018 tax return after printing or efiling:

To get back into your return after printing or e-filing, please follow these steps:
1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
4. Select 2018, and then select Add a State (You're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).
5. Once you're in your return you can navigate around as usual.

Here is a link for accessing a 2017 tax return: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3355524-when-does-access-to-my-prior-year-turbotax-online-returns-...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Here is how to get into your 2018 tax return after printing or efiling:

To get back into your return after printing or e-filing, please follow these steps:
1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
4. Select 2018, and then select Add a State (You're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).
5. Once you're in your return you can navigate around as usual.

Here is a link for accessing a 2017 tax return: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3355524-when-does-access-to-my-prior-year-turbotax-online-returns-...

I want to access my 2018 tax return on line in order to complete it.  I missed the 10/15/19 due date because of questions from the IRS on my 2017 taxes filed early in 2018.

Thank you! I printed out my 2017 tax report.  I am arguing with the IRS about issues on the report.

I need to access my 2018 incomplete report.  I am needing to get my wife's SSA income for 2018.  Social Security sent her report for 2018 to the wrong address and we never received it.  I am having my wife contact SSA for her 2018 distribution.  They won't give it to me.  

What is the best way to access SSA for information on her SSA income?

IsabellaG
Employee Tax Expert

Your wife can go to  SSA.gov and create an account at My Social Security where she can get a copy of her SSA-1099 online.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@foxislanders wrote:

I want to access my 2018 tax return on line in order to complete it.  I missed the 10/15/19 due date because of questions from the IRS on my 2017 taxes filed early in 2018.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for completing a 2018 tax return originally started using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

Manage cookies