Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Called the irs they said its in error department and don't know why. What does it mean??

Please explain what "correction" forms you think TurboTax filed.   TurboTax does not file anything.  Only you as the user of the do-it-yourself software have the ability to file a tax form.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Josewatts

Called the irs they said its in error department and don't know why. What does it mean??

I received a notification on the irs internet  telling me there was a mistake of 5 following things they didn't say which one but 1 was I misspelled my name or last name 2 I could of typed in the wrong ssn# or3 someone claimed me # I made over 75000 or more on my taxes  which I didn't so more than likely I misspelled my name or social security number but they said cause of that I don't get nothing instead of getting my $1400 like I'm supposed to they had already accepted n cleared my application and now they c I me out with thus ,can u help me please 

Josewatts

Can I speak to a live person 

@Josewatts   

Those are just generic reasons why they adjusted the Recovery Rebate Credit on your return. A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the 3rd Stimulus payment or reported the wrong amounts. Do you have an amount on line 30? The IRS knows they already sent it to you. Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more.

They sent the 3rd Stimulus payment (1400 per person) starting in March 2021. Double check your bank statements and check your IRS account (both accounts if married) to see what they sent you.
https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

Hey just curious, how long did it take for you to get the notice or refund? I was told the same thing and haven't heard from them in months. it has been 6 months now. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies