Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does the online version of Turbo Tax Deluxe include the State for free?

2018 version
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No. The Deluxe online edition does not have a free state tax program.  The state program is an additional charge, currently $39.99

View solution in original post

9 Replies
tmbfalls

I am checking out now for 2018 Turbo Tax Deluxe and I am being charged $44.99.  Why does your website say $39.99 while I am being charged more?

No. The Deluxe online edition does not have a free state tax program.  The state program is an additional charge, currently $39.99

rdecario

BULLCRAP - DECEPTIVE SALES - MY PAID 2018 TT RECEIPT SHOWS "TURBOTAX DELUXE TAX YEAR 2018 WIN DOWNLOAD WITH STATE"  NO WHERE DID I READ THE STAE WAS AN EXTRA CHARGE.

@rdecario You are adding on to someone else's thread, so we cannot tell what software you are using.  If you purchased the download then you are using the wrong software if you logged on to online Deluxe.  Did you download desktop software but get confused and use online by accident? The download should be accessed from your own computer--you do not "log on" to use it.
However, with desktop software, there is an extra fee to e-file a state return.  You can avoid that fee by printing and mailing the state return.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@rdecario it helps to read before posting!   Start a new question
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
axdsilva

Yep. Very disappointed with online version. Moving our of turbos tax next year.
pom3440

But i dont need to do state taxes since i am in washington.... can i get this fee off? If not, why?

Please see the two images attached.

Note that the "Pricing Intuit" spells out which versions and which modes do and do not include a state program.

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
blucky

I bought the CD version from Staples and it does not have the state return included. I have used this version for the pass decade and it was always included. Now its an additional $39.99? Don't notice when I bought it that it wasn't included. No happy!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies