Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

csolt93

Blank sign-in window solution that worked for me

I use TurboTax (TT) for Windows on a Windows 10 Home laptop.

I had an issue when trying to import information from Fidelity Investments. TT tried to open a new window for me to login to Intuit in order to establish a secure connection. However, the new window was totally white, no images, text boxes or buttons. After trying all documented ways to resolve I contacted TT support and worked with Chris for about 90 minutes with no success. I had the same blank window when I tried to sign in using the File -> Sign In menu option.

Just on a whim I tried using the File -> Sign In menu option in the version of TT 2021 I have on the same laptop. That version produced a useable new window and worked perfectly to sign me in.  So the issue is not with my laptop settings, it is with the 2022 version of TT Deluxe.

After seeing the correct new window layout from the TT 2021 version I went back to TT 2022 and tried the File->Sign In menu option again. Again, I was presented with a blank window. However, this time I slowly moved my cursor down from the top until it changed to a text insertion bar. At that point I clicked and entered my user ID. I then moved the cursor down more and clicked and entered my password when my cursor again changed to a text insertion symbol. Last I moved my cursor down more until it changed to a selection hand and left clicked. At this point TT successfully logged me into my Intuit account and I was able to successfully go back and download my data from Fidelity Investments.

Note: I also saw the blank new window when trying one of the Help features. I did not try to resolve the issue with Help because I had completed my taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
LarryMcD

I am having exactly the same problem.  Hope Inuit is fixing this issue

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for reporting this issue @csolt93 

@LarryMcD I have reported the issue.  In the meantime, please reference the workaround posted above by @csolt93 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LarryMcD

BTW - just in case it helps, I am running Windows 11 on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 with 2496 x 1664 display resolution.

@LarryMcD   What is yoru Primary web Browser.  I've seen a fair number of problems like this with the Brave browser blocking the Fidelity login screen that TTX redirects you to.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
LarryMcD

Problem is not a browser issue, its a TurboTax 2022 Deluxe bug.  As mentioned in the original problem report, the user verified that TurboTax 2021 worked fine using the same browser.  This is TurboTax trying to log into your Intuit acct for security purposes and the blank screen is supposed to have text fields for Intuit username and password.  Actually sometimes the screen isn't blank - text fields appear for username/pwd, but you can't enter anything. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@LarryMcD 

Please see the above post from @DaraLO

It is also doing this in TurboTax 2022 Premier.   The work around listed above is not working.

LarryMcD

Workaround solution doesn't work for me either.  I also tried "Sign In" option from "File" tab, even way before I get to specifying financial institutions for data import - that doesn't work either.  Cmon Intuit - please fix this!

csolt93

Interesting that you are not seeing this fixed by now. Intuit called me on Friday morning and said they had a "glitch" that they fixed. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please ensure you have followed the instructions here to do a manual update on the software, and then try to follow the workaround above. @csolt93 

The workaround actually works.  The key is that even though you type your user name and password in the fields, you do not see anything on the screen.  The cursor does not move, and it appears that nothing is happening, but the text is received.  I opened my 2021 Turbo Tax and went to this functioni to see the exact layout of the screen to determine where the user name and password fields should be on the screen.  Sure enough once I clicked on those spots on the screen and typed in the user name and password, it logged me in, even though it did not appear that any text was being input!

John Bay

I have the same problem, but this workaround doesn't work for me. I spent 30 min on a call with TT support on Saturday. Ultimately there was no resolution. She didn't know about this post or the potential bug. Then I got an email indicating that the issue was resolved. I love that. This issue happens when importing from a brokerage, signing on under the File>Sign On, or when trying to download from ItsDeductible. I am using TT Premier, fully updated, on Windows 11.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance with this please contact support. This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent. 
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies