Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Auto debit balance due

I can’t afford to pay balance out of pocket

Auto debit balance due

Can I get an extension 

Auto debit balance due

See my answer above your posts.

Auto debit balance due

How do I pay debit reminder order #EFECC192264163 for $86.70 

Auto debit balance due

The email should say how to pay or they will automatically take it out of your bank account.  If you’re in need of assistance, call us by the Tuesday prior to your debit date at 1-888-808-1723

Shepsgolf
Returning Member

Auto debit balance due

my account has not be debited for taxes I owe. Scheduled to be paid April 10. Don't want a penalty..what should I do

Shepsgolf
Returning Member

Auto debit balance due

when Turbotax asked when to debit account I said April 10 for both Federal and State..I have heard nothing since. My account was to be debited April 10 for both..What do I do  now so as not to pay a penalty?

Shepsgolf
Returning Member

Auto debit balance due

Turbotax has always arranged to have my bank account debited I past years

Shepsgolf
Returning Member

Auto debit balance due

I have not received an email saying they are debiting my account

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Auto debit balance due

First you'll want to check and make sure your return has been accepted by the IRS. You can check your federal return status by going to e-file status lookup tool.

Then be sure to check your junk or spam folder. You can also reach out to your financial institution to ask if they are seeing a pending transactions from the IRS (debit).

If the IRS has already processed your individual tax return, you should also reach out directly to them. See this FAQ regarding How to contact the IRS.

@Shepsgolf

mtnjolee
Returning Member

Auto debit balance due

Hi. 

Hello

Payment already was paid out of Federal Tax return so please do not process what I owe of $168.00 due.

There are not enough funds to cover this amount so seriously do not.

Please response after reading this message. 

Thank you 

RAF

Auto debit balance due

@mtnjolee   Has the IRS sent your refund yet?

If the IRS is taking too long to send your refund you still have to pay the fees in time.

See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

And, Why you got charged,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

You should have received about 4 emails asking for the fees.  If you don't pay they will debit your account.  You had to agree to it.

Auto debit balance due

@mtnjolee wrote:

Hi.   Payment already was paid out of Federal Tax return so please do not process what I owe of $168.00 due.  There are not enough funds to cover this amount so seriously do not.

Please response after reading this message.  Thank you 

RAF

Phone TurboTax Support ASAP today (Tuesday) and see if they will delay the debit.   I don't know if they can, but it can't hurt to try.   I believe they normally do the auto-debits on a Friday, but I think they start the debit process after a Tuesday night.    So try to reach them right away.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies