DaveLaQ

Asset Summary under Personal tab section?

Personal/Deductions & Credits/Retirement and Investments/Other Investment Expenses

At the end of this walk-through, after I enter Investment Expenses and click Continue, suddenly I'm presented with a screen called Asset Summary, where I'm given the opportunity to enter and/or edit (I assume for assets being carried forward) assets used for business if the amount of business use of said asset has changed or stopped altogether. I can also Add an Asset.

First, why is this business-y thing under the Personal section? And why is it at the end of the Other Investment Expenses subsection? And where would any pre-existing business asset entries have come from? Here last year? The Business tab/section last year?

Very confusing.

tagteam

Did you click the "Yes" button on the screen that asks if you had Any Investment Equipment?

if you click "Yes" on that screen, then the asset summary will appear even if you back out of that screen and start over.

tagteam

DaveLaQ

Nosir. Did not see that question.

DaveLaQ

(or ma'am)

tagteam

The screen that contains that question is there, the only issue is whether you inadvertently clicked "Yes".

Regardless, you can simply delete the (nonexistent) asset (since there should be nothing listed as such).