turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Asset Summary under Personal tab section?

Personal/Deductions & Credits/Retirement and Investments/Other Investment Expenses

At the end of this walk-through, after I enter Investment Expenses and click Continue, suddenly I'm presented with a screen called Asset Summary, where I'm given the opportunity to enter and/or edit (I assume for assets being carried forward) assets used for business if the amount of business use of said asset has changed or stopped altogether. I can also Add an Asset.

First, why is this business-y thing under the Personal section? And why is it at the end of the Other Investment Expenses subsection? And where would any pre-existing business asset entries have come from? Here last year? The Business tab/section last year?

Very confusing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Did you click the "Yes" button on the screen that asks if you had Any Investment Equipment?

if you click "Yes" on that screen, then the asset summary will appear even if you back out of that screen and start over.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Did you click the "Yes" button on the screen that asks if you had Any Investment Equipment?

if you click "Yes" on that screen, then the asset summary will appear even if you back out of that screen and start over.

Nosir. Did not see that question.

(or ma'am)

The screen that contains that question is there, the only issue is whether you inadvertently clicked "Yes".

Regardless, you can simply delete the (nonexistent) asset (since there should be nothing listed as such).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies