alexandra

As a single member LLC in Florida, can I file married/jointly?

As a single member LLC in Florida, can I file married/jointly? I intend for my company to be a disregarded entity and have the business listed on Schedule E, but am not sure if that means I have to file married/separately (I would rather not). My husband is not involved in the business. Thanks!

A single member LLC that has not incorporated in the state is a disregarded entity for federal tax purposes.  You will complete a Schedule C for your business income and expenses.  The Schedule C is part of your personal tax return, Form 1040.  You would want to file as Married Filing Jointly.  Having the business reported on your Form 1040 does not preclude you from filing as MFJ.