turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alexandra

As a single member LLC in Florida, can I file married/jointly?

As a single member LLC in Florida, can I file married/jointly? I intend for my company to be a disregarded entity and have the business listed on Schedule E, but am not sure if that means I have to file married/separately (I would rather not). My husband is not involved in the business. Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

A single member LLC that has not incorporated in the state is a disregarded entity for federal tax purposes.  You will complete a Schedule C for your business income and expenses.  The Schedule C is part of your personal tax return, Form 1040.  You would want to file as Married Filing Jointly.  Having the business reported on your Form 1040 does not preclude you from filing as MFJ.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

A single member LLC that has not incorporated in the state is a disregarded entity for federal tax purposes.  You will complete a Schedule C for your business income and expenses.  The Schedule C is part of your personal tax return, Form 1040.  You would want to file as Married Filing Jointly.  Having the business reported on your Form 1040 does not preclude you from filing as MFJ.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies