turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I switch to file another person?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ModestaL

Yes, if you are using TurboTax Online you must create a new account to establish a separate login for each return if you're filing separately. However, you can create a new login up to five users tied to your same email address if you'd like. Also, you can only prepare and e-file one federal return and up to five state returns per User ID. (See image below).

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, first save what you're currently working on by clicking File > Save As. Then, to start a new tax file, click File > New Tax Return. If you plan to prepare many returns, with the CD/Download products found here, you can e-file five federal returns and up to three state returns. However, only one state is included in the price. You can purchase and prepare as many additional state returns as you want.

Here's a link to jump directly to Create a new account in TurboTax Onlinehttps://myturbotax.intuit.com/sign-up/

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ModestaL

Are you asking how to file multiple tax returns in TurboTax?
ModestaL

Yes, if you are using TurboTax Online you must create a new account to establish a separate login for each return if you're filing separately. However, you can create a new login up to five users tied to your same email address if you'd like. Also, you can only prepare and e-file one federal return and up to five state returns per User ID. (See image below).

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, first save what you're currently working on by clicking File > Save As. Then, to start a new tax file, click File > New Tax Return. If you plan to prepare many returns, with the CD/Download products found here, you can e-file five federal returns and up to three state returns. However, only one state is included in the price. You can purchase and prepare as many additional state returns as you want.

Here's a link to jump directly to Create a new account in TurboTax Onlinehttps://myturbotax.intuit.com/sign-up/

Jnettecol

To create another account to file multiple returns

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies