Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone getting "Undefined" error message this morning? I worked on taxes yesterday no issue. i can log in no problem when I try to do anything today, i get "undefined"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
garz72
Returning Member

Anyone getting "Undefined" error message this morning? I worked on taxes yesterday no issue. i can log in no problem when I try to do anything today, i get "undefined"

I'm having the same problem. Completed my taxes, paid my $70 fee and then it took me back to 1 area that needed clarification. Wouldn't let me put a number in to fix it myself so I logged out and logged back in but every time I want to revisit a section an "undefined" message pops up and then makes me log back in again. Has happened at least 20 time. Very frustrating.

After a long time on the phone I ended up doing 3 things.  Rebooted my computer, used Firefox instead of Chrome, and cleared my cache and deleted cookies. That did the trick.  Note I tried Firefox and cleared the cache before rebooting with no success. So I guess the reboot was necessary for whatever reason. I was just using TurboTax fine yesterday!

garz72
Returning Member

I'll try it. Thanks

Filing Tax Return - Clicked on Continue where you left off and it went to a blank white screen with the word undefined on it.

- Opened different browser (CHROME), logged back in, continued where we left off - Blank screen; undefined error message

- Cleared Cache images and files, cookies and other site data, download history, and browsing history for all time; logged back in using CHROME, continue where we left off - blank screen, undefined error message

- Rebooted Computer, Opened Chrome, logged back in, continued where we left off - blank screen, undefined error message

- Opened a different browser (FIREFOX) logged in, continued where we left off - blank screen undefined error message

- Stayed in Firefox while undefined screen was open, clicked SIGN OUT on bottom left side of screen (TTO) below Intuit account, Signed back in - continued where we left off and IT WORKED!

bettecig

all morning / giving up for the day. wasted too much time re entering.

I am getting the "UNDEFINED" error when I 'pick up where I left off. I am filing with the Self Employed Turbotax. When I receive this UNDEFINED error, I'm immediately signed out and brought back to the login page. Is there some sort of bug? 🐛🖥I was planning on filing tonight, but obviously, I'm unable to do so. I'm not sure if it's because I've logged in and out so many times, but I was asked to update my password. I'm getting a little nervous about these circumstances and am concerned about my personal information and security. Has anyone found a solution to this?🤔

Same here, it's very frusturating. I'm concerned for the security of this sensitive personal information. I keep getting that same UNDEFINED error message and, after several attempts, I was asked to reset my password. Did that happen to you, too?? I'm not sure who to contact with @turbotax-- ???

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It would be best to contact them by following the instructions here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
edween17

This worked!!!

Filing Tax Return - Clicked on Continue where you left off and it went to a blank white screen with the word undefined on it.

- Opened different browser (CHROME), logged back in, continued where we left off - Blank screen; undefined error message

- Cleared Cache images and files, cookies and other site data, download history, and browsing history for all time; logged back in using CHROME, continue where we left off - blank screen, undefined error message

- Rebooted Computer, Opened Chrome, logged back in, continued where we left off - blank screen, undefined error message

- Opened a different browser (FIREFOX) logged in, continued where we left off - blank screen undefined error message

- Stayed in Firefox while undefined screen was open, clicked SIGN OUT on bottom left side of screen (TTO) below Intuit account, Signed back in - continued where we left off and IT WORKED!

brocha89
Returning Member

I tried all of these steps and none of them seem to be working. Anyone else still having this issue for the 2022 filing season? Very frustrating!!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an older thread that may have outdated information. What edition of TurboTax are you using?  Are you using Desktop or Online?  Please respond back here in the thread and we will be happy to help you further. 

@brocha89 

Yes. I am

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Which version of TurboTax are you using?

@a855ee8d47b 

Member2

Hi Michelle,

I keep getting the same undefined error message on both browsers, Chrome and Firefox. Please advise, thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies