turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jeshu
Returning Member

After each update Tubotax Application keeps asking for License code to be activated

I’m unable to use turbotax 2020 on the computer I had installed. I’m trying to do my amendment and now the software wont open. Support said I activated the software too many times and they wont further assist and asked me to pay them for another license code $110. This is ridiculous

If this is not fixed I will stop using turbotax. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

After each update Tubotax Application keeps asking for License code to be activated

Make sure that your computer hardware set-up is exactly how it was when the TurboTax software was installed.  Meaning any USB drives, printers, remote drives, etc. need to active when you start the TurboTax program.

jeshu
Returning Member

no changes to the computer hardware

Here's a FAQ for it that may help, but might not.

Turbo Tax asks for the License Code each time you start

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every...

@jeshu wrote:

no changes to the computer hardware

Ok...That is one of the reasons a license code would be requested as has been documented by multiple users who were also asked for a license each time the software was started.  The fix was to make sure everything attached to the computer was the same as when the software was installed.

You should Never be asked for a license code when updating the software.  Something else is going on that needs to be addressed by TurboTax technical support.  Contact them again and if you get the same response ask for technical support or a supervisor.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies