Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thermo1223
Returning Member

2019 Taxes and previous returns unavailable.

I filed with TurboTax each year since 2013 or so. I couldn't file in time online so then it instructed me to pay for and download the 2019 software. I was then told I could download the .tax file from the 2019 return I left unfinished and file it via mail since I paid for the software now. I can't download anything online. It just keeps stating I don't have the right product even for returns prior to 2019. I had no problem looking at previous returns before. Why does this have to be so difficult? It all worked fine last year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

1)  IF you used the Online software, then you must be logged into the 'Exact-Same" account you used in those prior years.

2)  IF you are logged into the proper Online account, you may need to start thru the initial stages of the 2020 tax return interview, so that you can get the left-side menu selections to show up...once you do that:

For any prior years tax forms......( 2019 is now loaded into the prior years section )

....... click on Tax Home

..............Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents 

.....................click on Show

.............................Click on the Year and then click on Download .tax file

PriorYearDocs_1.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
thermo1223
Returning Member

Did all of that prior to this post, still nothing.

Then the only thing I can think of is that you are in a different Online account from what you used to start your 2019 taxes in.    

1) The "Tax Home" screen must appear for you to click on the left side of the screen...after working thru the initial stages of the 2020 tax questions...

2)  Then if you scroll down, and expand the "Your tax returns & documents"....if there is no 2019 tax, then you are either in the wrong account, or you did NOT use TTX Online software to start your 2019 taxes last year  (or you used the CD for 2019 taxes...which you imply that you didn't).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-recovery/help/forgot-your-turbotax-online-user-id-or-passw...

Barring your finding a different Online account that you used, then you 'll need to start 2019 taxes over from scratch with the 2019 software you downloaded and installed on your home computer.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
thermo1223
Returning Member

If I click on download .tax file in ANY year I get the next screen. I've used Deluxe every year.

Tax1.JPGTax2.JPG

@thermo1223 

Yep...that's screwy..

You may need to call customer support to see if they can unlock it...especially since you bought the download software for 2019 .    I have a fully unpaid Online 2019  file , but I can download it freely ( just tried it again ).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

thermo1223
Returning Member

Ya I was trying to avoid that just because I detest phone calls but it may be my only option. Thanks again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies