turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Rob M

2019 Desktop Software Error Code 606 when I try to open the software. How to fix this and open my software?

Joe M.   Thank You so much for taking the time to post this.  You saved me countless hours of time and frustrations.  Words can't express how grateful I am.   I had to do it twice but it worked.  

AYR2
Level 1

2019 Desktop Software Error Code 606 when I try to open the software. How to fix this and open my software?

I assisted a customer with trouble shooting this error code and it worked. The License code did not match the product...Customer was using TurboTaxDesktop-Business, but the product coming up was TTDesktop-Basic and the Code did not match. Resulting in Error 606 

A resolve to the issue is to Check for Windows update> Install any updates that appear **Even when your system auto-updates, some updates are optional and don't update automatically. Without them, they can impact how programs function**. 

Reboot System> Uninstall the TurboTaxDesktop program>Re-Install TurboTaxDesktop program again. 

The correct product loaded and the customer was able to enter the License Code and proceed.

dzormelo
Returning Member

Where did you go to uninstall the Turbo Tax program?

@dzormelo wrote:

Where did you go to uninstall the Turbo Tax program?

Uninstall using a Windows personal computer - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/uninstall-turbotax-windows/01/25643

Using a Mac - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac/01/26050

Thank you @Critter!  Your tip solved my problem (13 April 2022) when Intuit proved to be a black hole regarding customer support.  In my case, I had ALREADY ACTIVATED my copy of TurboTax but had interrupted my initial  "interview" when the TurboTax script asked me to provide W-2 information because my employer has not bothered to provide the information online (despite over 1,000 employees) and I did not have a physical copy of the form in my possession.   When I tried to resume with my W-2 form in hand, TurboTax choked immediately after performing an update (which it had already done before) and asked for my activation code.  After I provided the activation code (which I had already used to start my return a few days earlier), the TurboTax script rejected the code as invalid.  After reading your tip, I ran Windows Update (which supposed ran automatically yesterday) and rebooted which solved my problem.

i have version 10

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies