To uninstall TurboTax, you'll need administrative rights. Your steps may vary slightly, depending on how you've set up your Windows operating system preferences.
- Close TurboTax.
- On the Windows taskbar, select Start, and then select Control Panel.
- (In Windows 8, access the Control Panel from the Power User menu, which is opened by simultaneously pressing the WIN and X keys).
- Select Uninstall a program (or Programs and Features, if you don't see the uninstall option).
- In Windows XP, select Add or Remove Programs.
- Scroll down to the TurboTax version you want to remove, select it, and then select the Remove, Change, or Uninstall button.
- On the Repair/Uninstall TurboTax screen, select the Uninstall TurboTax button.