My employer is foreign based and does not have an EIN. How do I address this issue on my W-2 form?

You do not need an EIN or a W-2 to report income that you earned for working in a foreign country for a foreign employer. Do not make up a W-2 if you did not get one. 

In TurboTax's Income section look for the "Less Common Income" heading. Under that heading select the choice of "Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion". When it asks you what form your foreign income was reported on, select "A statement from my foreign employer." And then enter your data.