cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

I pay my mother for the care that she does for me im not sure what tax id number am i supposed to write down other than her social

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

I pay my mother for the care that she does for me im not sure what tax id number am i supposed to write down other than her social

Yes. Use her social security number for her ID. 

Level 1

it keeps coming back as she needs a tax ID and it wont let me efile because of it
Level 15

Be sure to check that her tax ID is her SSN not an EIN   
Level 1

she dosent have a business though
Level 15

IRS considers baby sitting a business.
Level 20

What kind of care does she do for you?  For Child Care?  Where are you trying to enter it?
Level 1

trying to enter it under dependent care
Level 1

she picks up drop offs