turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Patel

My husband has his property and loan in his name. I signed paper to refinanced. I have no rights. If I used 200K to buy my ownership into his house. is it deductible?

My husband has his property and loan in his own name. I had signed documents to refinanced that. I have no rights to house. Only under his name…..So if I used $200K to buy my ownership into his house, could that be a deduction?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My husband has his property and loan in his name. I signed paper to refinanced. I have no rights. If I used 200K to buy my ownership into his house. is it deductible?

Are you in the USA? No it is not deductible.  

But it sounds like you have issues other than taxes, so please see an attorney.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Are you in the USA? No it is not deductible.  

But it sounds like you have issues other than taxes, so please see an attorney.

Patel

Yes. I am living in USA

Which state?
Patel

California

California is a Community Property State. California law defines community property as any asset acquired or income earned by a married person while living with a spouse. Separate property is defined as anything acquired by a spouse before the marriage, during the marriage by gift, devise, or bequest, and after the parties separate.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marriage-property-ownership-who-owns-what-29841.html">http://...>
Patel

Thanks
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies