turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

15dreams

I did not have a HSA in 2018. My wife did have a HSA. It is listing her distribution under my name

We are filing jointly, I chose that I had none of the above (HSA, MSA, something else) and I choose my wife has a HSA. I put in the amount of distribution for her HSA, but the distribution amount appears under my name.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did not have a HSA in 2018. My wife did have a HSA. It is listing her distribution under my name

When you entered the 1099-SA in the HSA interview (name of Payer, amount of distribution, distribution code, etc), did you look up to see in who's name the distribution is made?

It's easy to miss - it's just above the Payer Name. Since it defaults to the primary taxpayer when you open the screen, it's easy to forget to change it when you are adding a 1099-SA for the sppouse.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

When you entered the 1099-SA in the HSA interview (name of Payer, amount of distribution, distribution code, etc), did you look up to see in who's name the distribution is made?

It's easy to miss - it's just above the Payer Name. Since it defaults to the primary taxpayer when you open the screen, it's easy to forget to change it when you are adding a 1099-SA for the sppouse.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies