turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

15dreams

I did not have a HSA in 2018. My wife did have a HSA. It is listing her distribution under my name

We are filing jointly, I chose that I had none of the above (HSA, MSA, something else) and I choose my wife has a HSA. I put in the amount of distribution for her HSA, but the distribution amount appears under my name.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did not have a HSA in 2018. My wife did have a HSA. It is listing her distribution under my name

When you entered the 1099-SA in the HSA interview (name of Payer, amount of distribution, distribution code, etc), did you look up to see in who's name the distribution is made?

It's easy to miss - it's just above the Payer Name. Since it defaults to the primary taxpayer when you open the screen, it's easy to forget to change it when you are adding a 1099-SA for the sppouse.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

When you entered the 1099-SA in the HSA interview (name of Payer, amount of distribution, distribution code, etc), did you look up to see in who's name the distribution is made?

It's easy to miss - it's just above the Payer Name. Since it defaults to the primary taxpayer when you open the screen, it's easy to forget to change it when you are adding a 1099-SA for the sppouse.

Manage cookies