samrom90

What is limited amount to report on Sch A, line 8A? I didn't use points, I didn't refinance. I have answered no to all the questions and TurboTax won't do the calculation

Do I just say 0? Is this because I received two 1098s, because the loan was bought by another company? Is TurboTax adding the loan amounts together and thinking that I have loans in excess of $750,000?

Acarmichael13

I am also in this same exact situation. I am guessing the question above the line A-2:  Does your mortgage interest need to be limited: needs to be changed from yes to no, somehow.  But, I can't figure out how to do it as it is greyed out. 

samrom90

I spent two hours on the phone with TurboTax yesterday and it was not resolved.

This is a known error that they had last year as well. You'd think they'd have gotten their act together.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/turbotax-is-incorrectly-combinin...

Acarmichael13

Ok, So I tried out taxslayer as a different option and it is good to go. In fact I compared it to the numbers that turbotax was giving me and it is identical, just without the error. The error is 100% due to whatever form or algorithm turbotax is using to calculate their numbers.

Taxslayer was also cheaper. Give it a try, I'm done with turbotax

JohnB5677

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing the following error message when running the Federal Error Check

Check This Entry:

Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet: Limited Interest and Points must be entered

If you're experiencing  the error above,  please go here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

Limited Interest and Points must be entered