turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Update

Please follow the instructions here to manually update the desktop software @paulette2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GERWAY143

TurboTax Update

The message indicated that the update for Turbotax would roll out on 3/19 but I have not seen the update yet.  Was there a change?

GERWAY143

TurboTax Update

Me too.

Rbbirkett

TurboTax Update

Still doesn't seem to have updated on the desktop. There is nowhere to modify line 8 of schedule 1 for the exclusion

TurboTax Update

@Rbbirkett wrote:

Still doesn't seem to have updated on the desktop. There is nowhere to modify line 8 of schedule 1 for the exclusion

You cannot simply "modify" line 8 or it can incorrectly change 7 other tax calculations.   The update is already in the online version and is coming to desktop soon.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

TurboTax Update

For some unknown reason, it hasn't been updated in Turbo Tax Software. Please sign up here. so we can notify you when the update has been complete.

TurboTax Update

I called TT support today and it is supposedly going to be updated on March 25.

jac9082

TurboTax Update

I was told April 1st

EZinser1

TurboTax Update

Desktop still has not been updated

GASHOG

TurboTax Update

i still cannot file my taxes it fixed the tax on my state income tax but NOT ON MY FEDERAL WHEN WILL THE FEDERAL TAX FORMS BE DOWNLOADWD??????

bodiemc

TurboTax Update

It's 3/23 for me and there is no update for entering the unemployment compensation tax credit on my Turbo Tax Home and Business program.

What is up?

3kid

TurboTax Update

I completed my tax filling into turbo tax basic on March 1, 2020, but did not file.   I waited to see how unemployment benefits would be taxable.   I saw where Turbo updated the software to reflect this change.  However, after I updated my turbo tax (as I opened the software - all updates downloaded) my tax amount due did not reflect the change in the law.  It was still the amount due back on March 1.  It should be less.  How do I fix this???

TurboTax Update

@3kid wrote:

I completed my tax filling into turbo tax basic on March 1, 2020, but did not file.   I waited to see how unemployment benefits would be taxable.   I saw where Turbo updated the software to reflect this change.  However, after I updated my turbo tax (as I opened the software - all updates downloaded) my tax amount due did not reflect the change in the law.  It was still the amount due back on March 1.  It should be less.  How do I fix this???

The software updates for the unemployment exclusion have not yet been released for the desktop editions.  There is an update scheduled for either 03/25 or 03/26 which may have the update included.

TurboTax Update

Not working tried couple times same error, says not install  2020 but it is install the tt 2020 3/25/21

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Update

TurboTax is up-to-date with the latest federal changes regarding unemployment benefits. If your software does not auto-update, please try to manually update it. If using TurboTax Online, sign out of TurboTax clear your cache and cookies then log back in. For information regarding your state return, please see here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies