Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I mistakenly posted mortgage interest amount in property tax block and am unable to change it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I mistakenly posted mortgage interest amount in property tax block and am unable to change it?

To change the amounts, try this:

Here's how to enter/update the Your Home section in TurboTax, which includes the Property Taxes and Mortgage interest section:

1. Open your return. Choose to Pick up where I left off (if it comes up)
    (To do this in the mobile app and select the blue Take me to my return button.)
  2. Select the menu icon (3 lines) at the top, select Federal Taxes, and then Deductions & Credits.
  3. Select Your Home, and select "Show Full List"
  4. You should now see the section you need and you can click "update or start"
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions

View solution in original post

1 Reply

To change the amounts, try this:

Here's how to enter/update the Your Home section in TurboTax, which includes the Property Taxes and Mortgage interest section:

1. Open your return. Choose to Pick up where I left off (if it comes up)
    (To do this in the mobile app and select the blue Take me to my return button.)
  2. Select the menu icon (3 lines) at the top, select Federal Taxes, and then Deductions & Credits.
  3. Select Your Home, and select "Show Full List"
  4. You should now see the section you need and you can click "update or start"
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies