graytwigtt

The 1098t scholarship $ are be changed to reportable income

Even though I indicated almost all of the scholarship and related dollars were used for school charges and tuition, the system is telling me the students scholarship is nearly all taxable.

I need help.

JMo65

Hope you don't mind me tagging on to your question.  I am  trying to see where I report my son's 1098-t "payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses.  When I try and enter it in the deduction portion of my return it tells me I have already entered it.  It may be right in front of my nose but I cannot see where I have entered our portion of my son's tuition?

graytwigtt

Hi I find this system unbelievably difficult to work with. However, I finally managed to go directly to the 1098-T form and input the detail from 1098-T form.  I had exactly the same problem I think you are describing. It looks to me like they have a problem in their question logic flow. I hope this helps.