Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mlaw81

Are there issues with the calc of qualified child and dependent care expenses form 2441? I entered $17,332 of exp across 6 facilities and my return shows $223,873?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Anita01

Are there issues with the calc of qualified child and dependent care expenses form 2441? I entered $17,332 of exp across 6 facilities and my return shows $223,873?

I expect you entered a decimal in the  wrong place, check your entries.

mlaw81

Thank you for the response, but that is not the case.  To test, I have even gone back in and replaced all values with $1 ($6 total) and from 2441 shows $206,547 in qualified expenses.   
Anita01

Sorry but millions of these forms have already been filed with no error in the amount so there is clearly an entry error in your return.  Try deleting all the expenses and see what happens..  Don't enter zeroes, just leave the fields blank.  you may then call support to have someone look at the return with you.  Since we cannot see your return, it's difficult to find specific errors.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/</a>
mlaw81

I thought the same and have tried all the above...90 minutes with customer support this morning with no answer before i had to end the call.  Only suggestion provided was to try the downloadable version (which would imply an issue with calculation).  Had to end call before I was able/willing to give my credit card # required in order to attempt downloadable version (starting data entry from scratch).

Customer service has not responded in the last 1.5 hours that I have been requesting an additional call.

Anita01

The best aspect of the CD/Download product is that it's easy to trace entry errors and much easier to simply remove this form and start over on this form, although there's a very good chance of finding the problem with the download. So, that''s the best option for you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies