Real estate & Personal property taxes - can't ente...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russmcs2
Returning Member

Real estate & Personal property taxes - can't enter numbers

I've entered most information but TurboTax won't let me enter amounts for real estate taxes on primary residence or vacation home, nor for personal property taxes on cars and boat. When I asked yesterday, you responded

"All of your input needs to be entered in the Federal section of the return. 

Go to the Federal section in the left panel  Select Deductions & Credits  Go to All tax breaks, select Your Home  Select Property (Real Estate) Taxes  Select Start to enter your information.

For the personal property taxes, you will follow the same procedure as above, but instead of Your Home, you will select Cars and Other Things You Own.  

Please comment if you are still having issues."

Yes, I'm still having issues.  I tried to create a new return, transferring information from 2019 tax year and going straight to the real estate tax deduction and cannot enter numbers there either.  There must be a software glitch.

7 Replies
laurathompson2132

I'm having same problem.  Tried going back and forward pages.  Tried closing program and re-opening.  Still can't enter anything in personal property tax, car registration.  Can't make a change to number in medical expenses!  Help!

Rjsmps
Returning Member

Same problem

russmcs2
Returning Member

Last year I included supporting details for this line.  If you go to supporting details and erase all prior information, that should fix the problem.

russmcs2
Returning Member

Last year I included supporting details for this line.  If you go to supporting details and erase all prior information, that should fix the problem.

russmcs2
Returning Member

Last year I included supporting details for this line; if you go to supporting details and erase all prior information, that should fix the problem.

Rjsmps
Returning Member

In the Edit menu I see an item for Add Supporting Detail, but it does not allow you to select this item

Rjsmps
Returning Member

I just got off the phone with TurboTax support.

They had me change setting for program to run it as Administrator.

This worked, problem solved

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings