Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax balks at 1095-A info input

When I'm entering the data from my government subsidized healthcare plan, which is contained on Form 1095-A, I'm asked to fill in three columns of data (Columns A, B and C). Because my income changed part way through the year, I didn't collect any subsidy for months Sept-Dec. Because of this, columns B and C on form 1095-A show "0.00" for months Sept-Dec. 

However, when I go to input this data in Turbotax, I keep getting an error message that says Column B "must have a value greater than 0." The program won't let me proceed unless I remove the zeros and put a dollar amount in the column. 

Any suggestion(s) on how I should proceed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is correct.  You must have Column B information entered for the required form 8962 to generate.  If you use the "click here if column B reflects zero" help link on the form 1095A entry page , you will find further instructions are available to you.  

You can use the "Healthcare.gov/tax-tool"  or call your marketplace insurer to get the data for Column B that you need. Column C will accept zeros but not blank.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is correct.  You must have Column B information entered for the required form 8962 to generate.  If you use the "click here if column B reflects zero" help link on the form 1095A entry page , you will find further instructions are available to you.  

You can use the "Healthcare.gov/tax-tool"  or call your marketplace insurer to get the data for Column B that you need. Column C will accept zeros but not blank.   

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response.  I'll check out the links as you suggest.

What do you mean??? There is no box that says "click here if column B reflects zero" help link on the form 1095A entry page.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

The passage looks like this on the screen that says "Lets get the info from your 1095-A form":

@arnoldk 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies