Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo tax Not calculating stimulus correctly

If you claimed a missing stimulus payment on your return but the IRS took it off you have to ask the IRS. They think they already sent it to you. Maybe it went to an account you don't remember. Or you got a check or a card. It was probably easy to miss the debit card in the mail and think it was junk mail. They have to put a trace on it.

How to put a trace on a missing 1st or 2nd Stimulus payment

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/second-eip-faqs

gdam22

This is the same issue I'm having.  Turbo Tax will calculate correctly the amount my wife and I have received based on our 2020 incomes.  However, it is NOT including the $500 and $600 for my child born in 2019, who was not on our 2020 taxes.  So we're $1,100 short.

Why is your child not on your 2020 return?  The Recovery rebate credit is only based on 2020 now.  You can't get it on 2019 anymore.

Sorry if you do not qualify for the Recovery Rebate Credit because your child is not on 2020  then you will not be able to get the missed stimulus payment.

awn85410

How do you find the amount that you submitted for stimulus check 1 and 2 in your tax return on TurboTax? We are amending our tax return and need that information to proceed but are unable to find this on the site and we don't recall what we put in the form. 

I amended my return for the same reason and you won't get to that part til you go through your 1040x on turbotax. Just continue through it and it will be towards the end of your amended return. You should be able to change your amounts where you had put them on your original return. Don't forget to write the reason for amending your taxes also. 

I have 2 daughters. One is 4 years old, born in 2017 and the other is less than one but born in 2020. I should have received additional stimulus for them as both of them were born in 2020 or before, but I didn't have a social security number for them. I have them now and should be able to get the funds that weren't available to me previously, but TT is saying that I've gotten all the stimulus that I qualify for. I don't make more than 75,000 a year. Not even close.

Kurt8
Returning Member

My only suggestion is to make sure that all four social security numbers are entered correctly in TurboTax.  That was my issue.

elkboy99

So why did TT incorrectly enter the wrong amount on Line 30? Sound like this is a major problem on TT and TT is accepting 0 responsibility for the calculation errors. People count on refunds the IRS then reduces by TT's incorrect calculation on Line 30. How is this legitimate?

People have been answering the Stimulus questions wrong.  Or forgetting they got the Stimulus payment back in March-May 2021.  And entering the wrong amount they got from the IRS letters 6475.  If you are married they sent a letter 6475 to each spouse for half.  Some of the spouse letters came out later than the first letter so people only entered the amount on the first letter they got.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies