turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to file my taxes and it’s saying my HSA document isn’t ready what does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Trying to file my taxes and it’s saying my HSA document isn’t ready what does this mean?

Several forms and calculations have not yet been finalized, including those dealing with HSAs.  For current information on forms availability please click on the applicable link below:

TurboTax Online automatically updates the website when the forms become available.

In TurboTax CD/Download, you will be prompted to download any updates available when you open the program.  You can also update the program while you have it open by following these steps:

1. Click on the Online link in the black bar at the top of the page.
  2. Click on Check for Updates.
  3. TurboTax will download and install any updates available.  If there aren't any updates, you will receive the message "Your software is up to date."

It means just what it says ... you have a form in your return that is not yet ready for efiling and since the IRS will not start processing until 2/12 you have time to wait.  Go to the federal review tab to see what forms are not ready and the estimated date they will be ready and sign up for an email update if you wish.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies