Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Received Notice CP09 to fill out Form 15111

I am in the same boat.  I received my refund check in February.  then I received the 15111 Form to fill out and sent it off in April/May.  I called the number on the letter it came with and if I could even get through to ring somewhere, I waited forever only to be told that due to high call volumes, I had to call back the next day.  I hope mine and everyone's works out and I am glad to know that I am not the only one!

So I received the same form in March hurried and filled it out and sent it back same day. Last week I opened my mailbox and they had returned it because of a stupid mistake on my end so I fixed the error and mailed it back again same day. If you guys had no errors on your paperwork you should hear something soon. The paper I received apologized for the wait and they are trying to get everything out within a timely manner. Of course not timely at all but I figured I would let you know March 9th I received and mailed back the form and Sept 20th I received it to correct it. 

A friend of mine showed me how you can see if they are sending you anything you may all know about this but I sure as hell didn't you can type in irs transcripts and get your transcript online if they are sending you any more money it will show on that report.

I really hope we hear something soon. It has been forever it seems. This waiting game is kind of crazy especially when you can't even talk to a person.

8 months after submiting my form, i received another IRS notice for more info, to fill EIC schedule for 2020.

Oh my...well I downloaded 2020 and 2021 tax transcripts and I noticed that they did something with 2020 on June 6th of this year and on 2021 haven't done anything with it since March 28th of this year...I wonder if I will have the same issue then. 

I’m waiting myself too they say you can call really early in the morning and get Irs to answer 

I’ve had the same problem. Received letter first week of May, called mid September and was told to keep waiting, after being hung up on twice, both after waiting 6 hrs on hold. It’s now November. Still no sign of new letter for my CP-09

The waiting game is so difficult, hopefully one of us here something soon. That would be great.

Almost January now. Wish those 87k new IRS agents could help make a dent and get us people that have been waiting months on end taken care of. At this rate we will have our 2022 taxes filed and returned before we get this one.

@Cam231999 - as of Dec 9, IRS still had 1 million paper files that have not been opened (down from 9 million in June) and has 1.5 million subject to errors and other issues (down from 2 million in June)

so making progress, but it is a slow road. 

It is now February of the new Fiscal year, and we are still waiting on the return from the CP09/form15111 from May. I’m no genius, but nothing should take this long. If it were us owning the IRS money, they’d have raped us and our bank account at this point, and made **bleep** sure they got the money. They owe us money instead, but what can we do?. Anyone receive any updates as of YET?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies