turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mjbrown23

What are linked identities

more than one account on an email address
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
VictoriaD75
Employee Tax Expert

You can have up to five accounts on an email address, but they must have unique user names. You cannot merge accounts. If they are for the same taxpayer, it is recommended that you choose one user account and continue to use the same account for each subsequent tax year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have two accounts with the same email address. "Linked Identities", however, connects to nothing. How do I link my identities?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You cannot.  You will need to select one account and use that going forward.

Please see the link below for additional information.

Multiple TurboTax accounts

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I finnnnnnnaly think I've stumbled onto what I've been looked for over 10 years. I have ...5....intuit accounts. Mint, Pro series (yes I'm a tax preparer), turbo tax myself, turbo tax my wife (before me),  & self-employed.

I periodically get promoted to change a password in proseries, because your systems only want me to have one account this causes me big problems. Because one or more of the other accounts has different user IDs, and/or passwords, and or emails.

I started with TurboTax over 25 years ago, etc.

Is there ANY way to get one logon credential for this stuff? If not, why do your cookies get so mixed up when I'm trying to log on to #2 vs. #5, etc. extremely frustrating.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours for assistance with this matter - 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

That link brings up a screen "

"We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific question or problem."

with no links, no prompts nothing...but a huge list of products at the bottom. My question is not about a product. It's about my "account(s)"

@Treasur2   You don't see 2 boxes to fill in with your product and to enter a question?  You have to fill out the form to get a phone number.  (ps...the Free Edition does not have phone support).  You have to pick a product.  

@Treasur2 wrote:

That link brings up a screen "

"We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific question or problem."

with no links, no prompts nothing...but a huge list of products at the bottom. My question is not about a product. It's about my "account(s)"

First, you have to be logged into one of your accounts for the system to register you.

Then, choose "online" as the product.  Then try "merge accounts" as your issue. 

Ok, I think I've figured it out.

Intuit is using an ...email address... as the top of the security tree.....that's.........what I was trying to understand. So that I could finnnnnnnnaly consolidate my products, etc.

They use the email address and call it an "account". The account can have multiple products of course (they hope). Even multiple iterations of the same product as long as the userid on each is different per product (that's how some preparers prep TT returns for a small number of others on "their" account email alias).

But there is a limit of 5, userid's. Per account (email alias). There is no product limit of course.

Now I understand also why I can't merge past accounts, long ago forgotten, but now "recovered".

They had different email aliases. And the policy is no merging for IRS and basically liability reasons. Easy to understand.

So what I did to solve my problem is change the email alias, on an old userid. So it matched. Then I logged out and attempted to log back in, walla.......I was given the choice of deleting userid's. Which I did. Now all products are under one "account" (email).

It's only taken me 10 15 years to figure this out. I can't tell you how many Intuit help desk people I've talked to over the years, did not understand the above. The product silos prevent them from seeing the bigger picture in my not so humble opinion.

agree/disagree?

It's annoying and stupid and I hate it. Should be able to merge accounts and use them across all Intuit products. Instead I have a username attached to my CreditKarma and TurboTax, a username attached and to QuickBooks and a username attached to Mint. It makes no sense at all and is pretty confusing. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies