Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is there an error in the "Recovery rebate credit worksheet"?

No, of course I didn't skip the review section and answered all the questions.

Volvo Girl, do you work for Turbo Tax or have an affiliation with Turbo Tax? 

Nope.  I'm just another user like you.  Just a customer.   Just been answering questions here for many many years.

Thank you. I did check bank records for deposits but there are none. They would have tossed a debt card thinking it was a scam. No checks laying around. I guess My father-in-law is just outta luck.

layoki2

The IRS disallowed credit of 1200, thus reducing my federal tax refund.

@layoki2 The IRS must believe you already got the $1200 and if you did then you cannot get it again as a recovery rebate credit.   Check your account with the IRS to see if the IRS shows it was sent to you:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

If the IRS issued it and you did not receive it you can request a trace.

How do I request a payment trace to track my first or second Economic Impact Payments?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I think there is something wrong with the program.  I was asked if I received my third stimulus check, I replied with no (as I do not qualify for stimulus) and it increased my refund.  I do not want this to hold up my taxes.

@DK125 wrote:

I think there is something wrong with the program.  I was asked if I received my third stimulus check, I replied with no (as I do not qualify for stimulus) and it increased my refund.  I do not want this to hold up my taxes.

Why don't you qualify?  Are you being claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return?  Is the 2021 Adjusted Gross Income on your federal tax return over the amount to receive the credit?

The AGI on my 2021 federal tax return is over the amount to receive credit.

And your online calculator says that I am not entitled to a stimulus due to my AGI.

@DK125 wrote:

And your online calculator says that I am not entitled to a stimulus due to my AGI.

Is the amount on your Form 1040 Line 11 more than -

• Single or married filing separately—$80,000
  • Married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er)—$160,000
  • Head of household—$120,000

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

Married filing joint yes it is more than $160k

@DK125 wrote:

Married filing joint yes it is more than $160k

Ok...Look again on your Form 1040 Line 30.  Is there an amount listed of either $1,400 or $2,800 or more?  That line is for the Recovery Rebate Credit which is for the 3rd stimulus if not received.  Since your AGI excludes you from the Credit Line 30 should be blank (empty).

it shows $1,960.00 which is what the program added on my return after I hit "no" I did not receive a third stimulus check.

Then you have two options - You can clear your return and start over or you can answer the question again by indicating Yes and then the amount shown will Not be entered on your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies