Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If American Rescue Plan makes $10,200 of UEC in 2020 tax free, and I get a new 1099-G, how do I amend return in TurboTax?

How did u calculate what she was owed after exclusion?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If American Rescue Plan makes $10,200 of UEC in 2020 tax free, and I get a new 1099-G, how do I amend return in TurboTax?

@Kbleaed   It's not clear what you are replying to, what calculation you are referring to, or who "she" is. This is a very long thread with several different people posting, and it's several months old. Please post a separate new question of your own, not a reply to an existing thread, and give all the details of your particular situation in the new question. Do not post any more replies here in this thread.

The correction is on mine also but how do you find out what the new refund will be

Hopefully you kept  a copy of the original return so you can do the simple math ... new refund - old refund = difference.   If not when the IRS sends the original refund you will have what you need to figure out the extra refund.  The refund should come in 2 pieces with a bit of interest added in because the refunds were delayed in processing.  

I did it on turbo tax. I got do download my tax documents the on one shows the full amount of agi then another one I downloaded shows deduction

I did my original taxes the end of February and got them early much. 

Wildbullittt69
Returning Member

I haven't heard a **bleep**ing thing yet I don't think I'm going to get my money hell I filed in April and I haven't heard **bleep** got nothing back how long do you have to wait I'm single so I did the easy taxes I should I should have had my money already I don't know them anything for nothing so they can't take it out for anything I owe because I don't owe so what should I do I can't find out anything from anybody how do I find out if I'm getting the money or if I'm not cuz if I'm not I'm going to **bleep** about some stuff I want to know why because I don't know nobody **bleep**

Wildbullittt69
Returning Member

Well it's already been 5 months how many should I wait before I say anything **bleep** you

Wildbullittt69
Returning Member

So you say just sit and wait and not know anything well that's just great I feel like I've learned a whole lot coming here and asking you for help so I'm no better off now than I was is there anywhere I can go to find out anything or is it just run around the circle I'd like to know about the money I never even saw that was taken out of my account after they put it in they took it back didn't say a word just took it like oh he'll never know the mother **bleep**ing thieves I'm going to find me a lawyer and Sue the IRS I want to know who they're giving the money to besides that **bleep** in Frisco and her little **bleep**in 10 soldier shift

You will get a federal income tax refund for the unemployment exclusion if all of the following are true.

• You reported unemployment benefits as income on your 2020 tax return, on Schedule 1 line 7.
  • You did not get the unemployment exclusion on the 2020 tax return that you filed. The unemployment exclusion would appear as a negative amount on Schedule 1 line 8, with the abbreviation UCE on the dotted line to the left of the amount.
  • Your tax on Form 1040 line 16 is not zero.
  • Your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), not including unemployment, is less than $150,000. In other words, Form 1040 line 11 minus Schedule 1 line 7 is less than $150,000.

If all four of those conditions are true, The IRS will recalculate your tax return and send you the refund. It might be a couple of months before you get it. For more information see the following IRS announcements and FAQ.

IRS to recalculate taxes on unemployment benefits; refunds to start in May

IRS begins correcting tax returns for unemployment compensation income exclusion

IRS continues unemployment compensation adjustments, prepares another 1.5 million refunds

2020 Unemployment Compensation Exclusion FAQs

The IRS is recalculating refunds for people whose AGI is $150K or below and who filed before the tax law that changed the amount of unemployment that is taxable on a federal return became effective.   

The IRS began to send out the additional refund checks for tax withheld from unemployment in May.  The refunds are being sent out in batches—starting with the simplest returns first.   If you are eligible for the extra refund for federal tax that was withheld from your unemployment the IRS will be sending you an additional refund sometime during the next several months.  TurboTax cannot track or predict when it will be sent.  The IRS has not provided a way for you to track it, so all you can do is wait for the refund to arrive.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-get-the-new-unemployment-benefits-if-i-ve...

Please read this news from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-to-recalculate-taxes-on-unemployment-benefits-refunds-to-start-in-m...

LRDowling

I noticed error on my 2020 Return that was filed last April. 

Tried to reopen that return, but keeps kicking into 2021 Turbotax.

How do I reopen 2020 Return to file 1040-X?

LRDowling

I noticed error on my 2020 Return that was filed last April. 

Tried to reopen that return, but keeps kicking into 2021 Turbotax.

How do I reopen 2020 Return to file 1040-X?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@LRDowling

If you need assistance with amending your tax return, you can see important information here in this TurboTax FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies