ctrizzo

I keep getting "Form 2106 (Teacher) -- Form 2106 Adjustments Wks: Line 6-1 must be entered." and I can't get rid of it in order to move forward with filing.

RyanH2

You can use the steps below to get back to your job-related expenses, and/or to delete Form 2106.

To remove a job-related business vehicle:

1. Select "Federal Taxes" at the top of the page

2. Select the "Deductions & Credits" sub-tab

3. Scroll down to "Employment Expenses" and select "Show More"

4. Select "Revisit" next to "Job Expenses for W-2 Income"

5. Select "Edit" next to your occupation

To delete Form 2106 in TurboTax Online:

1. Go to "My Account" in the top right corner

2. Select "Tools"

3. Under "Tools Center" select "Delete a Form"

4.  Navigate to "Form 2106" and select "Delete" next to it

Job-related Expenses

tommsaunders

Re: I keep getting "Form 2106 (Realtor) -- Form 2106 Adjustments Wks: Line 6-1 must be entered." and I can't get rid of it in order to move forward with filing.

DaveF1006

To eliminate this, go to:

1. Tax tools
  2. Tools
  3. Delete a form
  4. Delete form 2106 and 2106 worksheet.  These are job related expenses for W2 employees.
  5. If you are a self-employed realtor, you would enter your income and expenses where you enter self-employed income.
  • Go to Federal > Income & Expenses
  • Scroll down to See all income. In the Self-employment section, click Start next to Income & Expenses
  • Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  • Continue through the interview to enter your business information.
  • When you get to the Let's Review Your Work Info screen, make sure everything is correct and then click Looks Good
  • On the Let's get income for work screen, select the type of income you want to enter and click Continue.
  • Proceed through the rest of the interview to enter your income