Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I entered my vehicle mileage and business mileage but no deduction is given. Do I need to complete something else for this to work?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I entered my vehicle mileage and business mileage but no deduction is given. Do I need to complete something else for this to work?

Have you entered your Self-Employment income yet?

Yes, everything else for income/expenses is filled out, but I am not getting any deduction for the mileage, and when I click the link that says "Why didn't I get this?", an error page comes up on saying "Something went wrong..."

It turns out this a bug in the system currently.  You have to enter the year that the vehicle was put in use as 2021 in order for it to calculate the deduction.... Not sure if anyone is actually working on the issue or not, but if you change the date then all of the calculations are completed as expected.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies