turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

m-luevano

I don't know how to count how many sales are on my 1099-B form;there are two different lines, so I can assume two, or do I count the numbers in "Description of Property"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I don't know how to count how many sales are on my 1099-B form;there are two different lines, so I can assume two, or do I count the numbers in "Description of Property"?

When you say two lines, could these be for long-term sales or short term sales? The question is, how many transactions are there or how many descriptions of property are there?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
m-luevano

There is one line for short-term sales and one for long-term. My confusion is just that I only withdrew money from that account once, so to my uneducated mind, that's just one transaction. 

It does not matter if you withdrew your money of left it in your account. If the sale of securities caused loss or gain, it is taxable event.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies