Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to delete Schedule W copy 2

My Federal review indicates no errors but my State (MI) Schedule W copy 2 has an entry in Table 2 that is an error. The box for Filer, column A, is checked and Column C says "other withholding". Turbo Tax wants a tax payer ID number, Column B. Obviously there is no Tax Payer ID number for "other withholding". I have tried to delete copy 2 by going to the forms view and it seems to delete but then when running error check the same error is found. I have also tried the override function to delete all the information but again no luck. This is the only entry on copy 2 so Copy 2 is not needed. How do I get rid of Schedule W copy 2?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

1) Open your tax return.

2) Go to the left side of the screen and click on Tax Tools, then Tools

3)  From the pop-up Tools Center  menu, select  Delete a form

4) Scroll to find the Schedule W and Delete it.

5) Scroll to the bottom of the list and hit the button to Continue My Return

That should do it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks, but I am using the cd version and I don't see the menu you describe.  I have 6 options along the top left header. File, Edit, View, Tools, Online, Help. If I click on Tools I have some options but not what you describe.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

With the CD version, you need to find the form and pull it up so that you can see the "Delete Form" option below the form.

On the upper right corner of your TurboTax screen, you should see a "Forms" icon which you can click on to bring up a list of all the forms in your return (see the column to the left of your screen). You can also find the forms option in the "View" menu tab.

Double click on the form you want to work with and it will appear on your screen. Once you see the form you want to delete, look below the form and you will see an option to delete it.

What may be complicating this is that I only need to delete copy 2 or maybe its better to refer to it as page 2 of Schedule W. I need to retain page 1 for the data that is on it. The information was populated by import from my bank but as I said the Federal forms are fine. Thanks to all for any help with this.

Again, thank you but I have tried that several times. The page deletes and that is verified on the left vertical list of forms to choose from. Then I close the form and run the checker again and the same error is found. Perhaps if I deleted the entire Schedule W form, page 1 and page 2 it would work but then I would loose the information that is required on page 1.

Whats really interesting is that what's in column C is not really an entry at all. I mean Other Withholding does not designate anything specific. It is not a business or a financial institution. So why and how did it get there?

JulieS
Expert Alumni

If Column C says OTHER WITHHOLDING, this is how to fix it:

1. Select Federal taxes, then Deductions & Credits.
  2. Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid.
  3. Select Other income Taxes, click update to the right.
  4. Find Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099, Click Start or Update to the right.
  5. Clear anything on the screen, including zeros.
  6. That should remove this entry completely.

Thank you but there is no data of any kind listed on the Withholding not Already entered on W-2 or 1099 page.

I appreciate your suggestion. do you happen to have any other possible remedies?

Thank you for your efforts to solve this problem. I guess there is no solution so I think I will just put in the required number of 0s to fill the box so that the Turbo Tax will let me proceed and send it in. If I get audited or something at least I made a good faith effort to fix the problem. Hopefully they will not try to hold me responsible for something that Turbo Tax is responsible for. Thanks again

jf13
Returning Member

I have this same issue on the Michigan Schedule W. I cannot delete the “other withholding” entry. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

I recommend checking your other income sources because Table 2 is not from the W-2.

When in forms mode,

• right click on the box with Other withholding listed.
  • Then click Data Source.
  • I got this message: From federal Form 1099-MISC, 1099-R, 1099-G, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, and 1099-K, if state tax was withheld and related state ID is MI.

@vanportflietr

@jf13

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies