Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to amend 2022 Sale of Business Property

I need to change my Sale of Business Property amount under Less Common Business Situations for TurboTax Desktop. 2022 None of the screen offerings on What Do You Need to Change on Your Return? lead there. If I choose Other Tax Situations on that screen and choose the Amend a Return option, it returns me to the previous screen. If I choose Miscellaneous Tax Forms none of them offered get me to the Form 4797 I need.

By the way
Step 3. Select Amend for the return you need to amend.
If the return you need to amend doesn’t appear as an option, select Find a Tax File to find and load the return.
…never shows up.

I can, however, get to
Step 7. On the next screen, select Update next to the info you need to change.
But it is from there that none of the options lead me to where I need to be.

How do I change the Sale of Business Property amount I need to on Form 4797 for my 1040-X?

Thanks

:-)Shawn

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Here's How to Access a Prior Year Return.

Once you have chosen 'Amend a Return', under Other Tax Situations > Other Tax Forms , to edit or delete the sale of a business property you've already entered:

1. Search for sale of business property (use this exact phrase—copy/paste if necessary) and then select the Jump to link at the top of your search results
  2. On the Any Other Property Sales? screen, make sure the first checkbox is selected and choose Continue
  3. The next screen, Sales of Business or Rental Property, should display Edit and Delete buttons next to all the properties you've already entered
  4. Select the appropriate button and follow the onscreen instructions to either edit or delete the info on Form 4797

Sale of Business Property is actually in the Wages & Income section, under 'Business Items'. 

Click this link for more info on Sale of Business Property.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Here's How to Access a Prior Year Return.

Once you have chosen 'Amend a Return', under Other Tax Situations > Other Tax Forms , to edit or delete the sale of a business property you've already entered:

1. Search for sale of business property (use this exact phrase—copy/paste if necessary) and then select the Jump to link at the top of your search results
  2. On the Any Other Property Sales? screen, make sure the first checkbox is selected and choose Continue
  3. The next screen, Sales of Business or Rental Property, should display Edit and Delete buttons next to all the properties you've already entered
  4. Select the appropriate button and follow the onscreen instructions to either edit or delete the info on Form 4797

Sale of Business Property is actually in the Wages & Income section, under 'Business Items'. 

Click this link for more info on Sale of Business Property.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you SO much! You're a star!!!

:-)Shawn

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies