Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I report this Charitable Contributions BUG???

I changed the $300 number to $600 on the 1040 form and then went right to e-file, and it worked!  Thank you so much RussHampton! This bug was so frustrating until I tried this work around!

Ran into the exact same bug when I went to file. TT didn't automatically select the filing jointly amount of $600, just said the $300 amount was "unacceptable" - took a few moments to figure out what the problem was.

The Kansas Return was rejected NOT the Federal.

Al50
Level 2

Agreed.  I can only conclude that Turbotax is glad to take your money by selling the software but is not interested in hearing about bugs.

Too bad you have to hunt down the issue only to find that it is a well know bug, but no fix is being offered.

After over 50 years of Turbo Tax this is the last year for me!!!

This is how I submitted my charitable donations, but still I am getting my CA state taxes rejected. What should I do? Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 1.34.10 PM.png

Hi.

Your data entry shows $650.

Did you reduce it to $600 which is the maximum allowed on the Federal when you take the standard deduction?

There was a software update pushed today on February 17, 2022.

It looks like this has been corrected. It is working as I expected it to work. No error during the final review.

Can someone else confirm if its fixed now?  My federal and state returns are handing the charitable contributions properly now.

Yes, it works as expected now. I cleared the values in the 1040WKS, then ran a review. TurboTax alerted about the error to correct. I entered the amount (for me $600) and fixed it. Then I ran the check again and it worked. Previously it would plug in value of $300, then indicate that there was a problem (that it introduced). Confirmed fix. 

no, my actual entire is $250. That was just a copy/paste of the tab where I posted my donations. 

Today I got another email, still CA taxes rejected! 

It worked for me too with the new version from 2/17.

NDJCO
Returning Member

I am piggy-backing on this Charitable Contributions bug to ask about a problem on form 8995 in desktop TTAX 2021. I have no REIT income declared on any other form yet on form 8995 it shows an REIT dividend of $5.00. This amount is multiplied by 0.2 to generate an amount of $1.00 which propagates to my 1040 form line 13; this silly error is keeping me from filing my taxes because the return is incorrect by $1.00.  Help!

NDJCO

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. Normally REIT dividends are reported on a 1099-DIV in Box 5, which results in a QBI Deduction. If you imported your 1099 DIV, you may not have noticed this. Check your 1099 DIV's and see if there is an amount in Box 5 and if there is, remove it since it is inconsequential to your return 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

As of February 25, the procedure does NOT resolve the issue (Turbo Tax Online - Deluxe).
Identical issue with HR Block online.
Customer Service from each company is abhorrent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies