Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How Can I enter line item donations I have made in 2020 now so that I can access the file later when I do my TurboTax filing for state and fed?

I've used TurboTax and It's Deductible and I'd like to get this detail work done ahead of time if possible.
I thought I read somewhere that it can be done but see no info to guide me.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How Can I enter line item donations I have made in 2020 now so that I can access the file later when I do my TurboTax filing for state and fed?

You can import the charitable donations made in 2020 from ItsDeductible into TurboTax 2020 when you file the 2020 tax return next year in 2021.

Go to this website for ItsDeductible - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/itsdeductible/

Bax35
Returning Member

Hi - Can you verify that for Tax Year 2020 deductions may be as great as 100% of AGI, please? Do deductions have to be made by EOY 2020? Thanks.

@Bax35 wrote:

Hi - Can you verify that for Tax Year 2020 deductions may be as great as 100% of AGI, please? Do deductions have to be made by EOY 2020? Thanks.

Cash donations may be deducted up to 100% of AGI.  The usual limits apply to non-cash donations.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/charitable-organizations/charitable-contribution-deduction...

Donations must be made in calendar year 2020, there has been no change to the provisions that donations are treated as of the date they are actually paid. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies