turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Help with potential TT Deluxe 2020 software glitch?

TT Deluxe 2020 seems to have a glitch whereby it refuses to accept/acknowledge its own deduction selection choice.  In the deductions & credit section, it tells me Itemized Deductions are more beneficial and thus, will proceed as itemized (which is what I want it to do).  However, when advancing through to the next screen, it does not actually itemize, but rather defaults back to the standard deduction refund.  It also subsequently skips completely over the Federal Review section and goes straight into the State section, which is abnormal.  All the while, the forecasted refund remains at the Standard Deduction amount all the way through to the end where you would actually file your return, if it were allowed by the IRS at this time (too early right now).  Something isn't right here.

Things I've tried:  1) Logging out and back in, 2) Closing browser and clearing cache, 3) I've clicked the "Change my deduction" button in the Deductions & Credits section and it doesn't actually do anything, 4) I've tried logging in on different computers (one PC, one Mac), 5) I've searched through the help section but all I've found are explanations of the differences between itemized and standard deductions (which I already know), 6) I've called and spoken to a very friendly and eager Customer Support rep who unfortunately couldn't resolve the issue because it's a technical issue not a tax issue, attempted to transfer me but ultimately got disconnected.

I've used TT Deluxe Online for years without issue so I've come to understand how the program works and what to expect and this is just abnormal.  Nothing out of the ordinary has changed for my filing information.  Still just income, mortgage interest, and charitable donations; nothing fancy.  Any assistance to troubleshoot & resolve is appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Contact TurboTax support for this particular problem.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

Or -

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

Thanks, but I already did that.  These contact avenues default to people prepared to answer tax questions, not technical software questions.  Does TT have a contact avenue specific for software problems?  If so, that information would be helpful.

@emmarose81 wrote:

Thanks, but I already did that.  These contact avenues default to people prepared to answer tax questions, not technical software questions.  Does TT have a contact avenue specific for software problems?  If so, that information would be helpful.

Once you have contacted the TurboTax agent they should be able to transfer you to the correct department that would handle this type of issue.  However, being this is Sunday that department might not be open.

Being that it is tax season I would question why any department would not be operating on a Sunday as often people do their taxes when they are not working; hence, Sunday.  And seeing as I pay to use TT, I would think technical support would be available when the software I've paid to use fails to operate properly.

@emmarose81 wrote:

Being that it is tax season I would question why any department would not be operating on a Sunday as often people do their taxes when they are not working; hence, Sunday.  And seeing as I pay to use TT, I would think technical support would be available when the software I've paid to use fails to operate properly.

This is a user forum and we are mostly volunteers.  So if the technical department is open on Sunday or not is not known.  I was just giving you a heads up if the agent cannot transfer you to them today.

pyschenck

It seems that your calculation of taxes paid and refund  is double the amount entered from W2 on both Fed and State returns.  I need to talk to you live.  Patricia Schenck [phone number removed]

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax is aware of this Software issue and is working on fixing this. Please check this TurboTax Community site for updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies