Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jims94vmx

Free file and form 8962

We qualify for the free file. We also use the ACA and slightly overpaid.

Because we had our health insurance through the government health marketplace we need to file form 8962.

IRS.gov shows that form 8962 is included in the available free file forms but when i complete the form TurboTax assigns a $40 fee and says i need the next filing level.   Could you tell me why i see this fee for form 8962 when its.gov mentions it as a free file form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Free file and form 8962

Just to clarify, does the verbiage say the $40.00 fee is because you are filing form 8962? 

Do you have any other TurboTax fees being deducted from your tax refund? If you selected to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, there may be an additional fee for the Refund Processing Service

You can view a breakdown of your TurboTax charges by signing in to your online return. Once you have signed in and selected to continue your return, select Tools from the My Account drop-down list in the upper right corner. In the pop-up window, select My Fees to get a breakdown of your TurboTax charges.

How do I remove the Premium Services bundle

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jims94vmx

Free file and form 8962

Signing in to finish now shows no charges. Not sure why it did the day before. Thanks for help

Reich1983

Free file and form 8962

The same thing came up on mine said bc I under paid apon ACA that I owe back$108: of my refund which is true and correct but it went to filing $0 most easy and basic 1040 with required 1095a that comes out to the difference being subtracted from my refund to i believe the amount was $44 it wanted to upgrade and wouldn't allow me to proceed without doing so.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Free file and form 8962

If TurboTax detects that your tax situation requires expanded coverage, like deductions for owning a home, unemployment income, or self-employment income, it will prompt you to upgrade to a version that supports the forms you need so it can maximize your tax deductions and ensure you file an accurate return.

Review your fees to find out why you're being charged. Then, follow the directions to remove any unwanted charge:

Roughly 37% of taxpayers are eligible for TurboTax Free Edition. Form 1040 and limited credits only.

See this help article and this one for more information regarding these issues.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies