turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

gardemo

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Form 8936 (2019)

Not true. I used the form updated last week and my return was rejected because the calculations that turbo tax did were incorrect. Now it is delayed until 2/20. Seriously considering a switch to different company next year. 

My situation allows for 100% of the credit on a Honda Clarity PHEV so why is mine in error?  Even once the form is updated my result will be the same......

SHOCKER!  IRS has rejected my filing because of calculation issues with TT form 8936! 

UNACCEPTABLE.

I am on the phone with support, and can confirm that there is a "hold" being placed on all returns until the questionnaire for form 8936 is updated. I am guessing they are adding in questions to determine how to "calculate" the proper amounts for the credit for all (whether or not its 100%, 50%, or 25%. 

Support said on 2/20 this will be updated and available.  

To whoever is having this issue, please post your experiences on all of your social media sites (FB, Twitter, etc).  We need to make sure Intuit pays for this ridiculous mistake and how they have treated us as customers. The only way to hurt any company in a way that they will notice is to cost them money.  Fewer customers means less money.

dpfromva
Returning Member

My filing was also rejected due to Form 8936. I understand the IRS changes forms and delays may have been on the government's end, but it's INCOMPREHENSIBLE why TurboTax didn't have a warning prior to submission. "Forum 8936 is under revision and e-filing will be rejected until until revisions are complete. TurboTax will notify you of filing status and when your return is complete and can be e-filed. Estimated filing date is February 20."

Unacceptable.  The table has been available for a year.

Let me get this straight... the IRS released form 8936 weeks ago... H&R Block also had form 8936 available weeks ago... TT apparently can't code a single form in that time. TT released the form on 2/12/20, but there were errors and now everyone who filed is having their taxes rejected. 

Then TT says they'll release a fix on 2/20/20... then the date changes to 2/21/20... now it's 2/22/20... there was even mention by an employee in this thread saying it would be fixed 3/8/20... seriously? 

I was holding out on filing with TT due to the availability of form 8911, which was slated for release on 2/20/20, but at this point, I don't trust that TT will have that form correctly finalized on 2/20/20 and it will likely take several extra weeks until they work out the bugs, just like this fiasco. 

TT: feel free to delete my account information. I'm glad I didn't hit submit, even though I filled out all the rest of my forms weeks ago. I'll be switching to H&R Block and just file a 1040X later to get the credit for the 8911. 

@DaveF1006 

Is it possible for Intuit to make this error a priority and post an update yet today for those impacted? 

Thank you

I am downright FURIOUS with you and your program. My state and federal got rejected because of YOU and POS program.
What happened:
FDI_8936_EVCredit_ErrorHold - Your tax return is on hold pending ongoing updates to calculations on Form 8936, Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit. We plan to have the updates to the form done on February 20th, 2019.

Your POS program caused both to be rejected. Let alone... You can't even get the year right. 2019 was LAST YEAR. Everybody else I know who used DIFFERENT software and had EV Cars already got there's back with NO PROBLEMS.

I'm getting in my car, in about 10 minutes, going to Target and buying HR Block software.

Rejected makes me feel better than pending.

The reject is from TT, not from IRS, right?

This place has become a POS!

next year I will be looking elsewhere.

Niness
Returning Member

This is ridiculous. we should be able to file somewhere due to Turbo Taxs mistakes not ares. I will never use turbo tax again. 

Niness
Returning Member

Are we able to file through another company? I would rather take it down and have someone do it or go through H&R block at this point. I am so over turbo tax. I chose to pay the 125 I dont even want to use turbo tax anymore at this point  Will it mess up my returns going through someone else? They have been rejected so it's not like I am still pending 

Unreal with this situation. You'd think they'd at least offer a refund or some sort of discount to attempt to make the situation right. Instead they have just gone quiet on all fronts responding to these issues.

Quite the guarantee of accuracy 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies