Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Niness
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Form 8936 (2019)

I'm having the same issue I filled my taxes and corrected the amount that I'm supposed to do for my electric vehicle and now my taxes are stuck on pending. It's so frustrating I dont understand why they wouldnt be accepted or rejected at this point  I'm glad in not the only one 

Niness
Returning Member

@nexus444  I'm having the same issue I filled my taxes and corrected the amount that I'm supposed to do for my electric vehicle and now my taxes are stuck on pending. It's so frustrating I dont understand why they wouldnt be accepted or rejected at this point  I'm glad in not the only one

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Please sign up here so we can notify you when this fix has been released. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Niness
Returning Member

@DaveF1006  I understand we will be notified  But I have already sent my taxes in. So how is that going to get fixed? It's not even showing that the IRS has received my taxes. It's just shows pending for 4 days now.  

So what if I've already filed? Turbotax said the calculations were guaranteed (I have screenshots), will they refile on my behalf because it is their error? 

This is RIDICULOUS!!!  I submitted my return almost a week ago, and it is STILL PENDING!!!  Your own software says it takes 24-48 hours to process an e-filed return.  I have used TurboTax for more than 10 years, and it has NEVER taken more than 24 hours for my return to be accepted!  That includes 2018, when I also filed the 8936 for another electric car that I bought in 2017.

I changed the number to the correct number, and the amount of my refund is correct!  So even though your form was not doing that one calculation correctly, my return is correct.  So why is it still pending?????

Do you have on programmer from India doing all of the changes to every form?  Even a child could do one simple calculation correctly (Taking $7,500 and dividing by 2 or 4). This is not rocket science!  If you can't get such a simple thing correct, you need to stop selling TurboTax and let another company like H&R Block who CAN do it correctly have your business.

To every other customer who is reading this and is also frustrated like me, we need to band together and tell our story to some national news organization, so that the whole country can realize how incompetent Intuit is as a company.  After the changes to the tax laws a few years ago, almost everybody uses the standard deduction, and tax returns are more simple than ever.  But Intuit still can't do the most simple calculations correctly.  A company that is this incompetent and with such terrible customer service does not deserve to be in business anymore.

They are taking money from innocent consumers and then screwing us.

My taxes are also stuck in hiatus :(

I am an online Turbo Tax user and have not been able to find the 8936 form yet to apply for the federal rebate for electric vehicle purchase?

Is this available yet?

Thank you,

SN

Where did u see this? What section do u go to to fill this out?

Thank you, 

SN

zsmalls

What about if you have a Mac? I tried the software update TurboTax > Check for Updates and it says I'm up to date already. Is there a manual update link for Mac users?

It was available for about a day, during which time several of us who had been waiting for the form submitted our taxes.  But then Intuit pulled the form because of a mistake in how the calculation is done for the companies like GM, who are not eligible for the full $7,500 credit anymore (The form was telling me that I was eligible for $7,500 when in fact it was 1/4 of that amount, $1,875).  But I corrected the number and submitted my return with the correct refund showing.  However, after almost a week, my return is still pending and has not been accepted by the IRS yet.  Others are in the same situation.  Even if Intuit corrects the form, I am not sure what is going to happen to our pending returns.  They "guarantee" that their calculations are correct, but given the poor quality of their products lately and the non-existent customer service, I would not be surprised if our returns are rejected and we have to resubmit them all over again.

I strongly advise you to not use TurboTax in the future.  This mess guarantees that I will never do business with them again.

So on Thursday the 13th I saw the form was available and filled it out. I saw that it was calculating it wrong so I decided to wait. Later in the evening I logged back on and saw it had calculated it correctly so I filed my taxes. My return is still stuck on Pending. Yesterday I checked to see if the document was filled out correctly and it seems like it has. Why is this taking so long? My fiance filled out her returns yesterday on a different app and they were approved within a few hours. Ugh this is super annoying.

It's pretty evident that Intuit just relies on a majority of their customers that have basic W2 with standard deduction, and couldn't care less about everyone else. When they CONFIRMED that there's a simple calculation bug, and then proceed to take over a week to fix a simple 5th grade multiplication problem tells you how much they care about their customers. Shameful. I've been using TurboTax for years, but this will be my last. The ONE time where I needed a form beyond the most basic tax filing, and this is the type of showing they give.

They haven't transmitted to the IRS. They are holding onto it in there server. I filed using the the desktop and this is what the log is showing:

February 12, 2020 06:39 PM PST
Return Received -Your return has been received and will be forwarded to the taxing agency at the appropriate time.

So they are holding on to your return until the fix the problem they are having with form 8936.

Those idiots.  I hope they don't take the refund I calculated manually ($1,875) and further divide it by 4, which would give me an incorrect refund of $468.75.  If they do something like that I will sue them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies