Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

TT/Intuit, just seems to move the date forward a day, each day that passes.  Makes me wonder if they are even working on a fix at all.  This is becoming ridiculous, as I have been in a holding pattern since 2/1, when my docs were all received and completed, but could not file then because form 8936 was not done, so I waited for the 8th and that form got moved to the 14th, and thats when I started having problems with 8911 which went from 2/21 to 2/28 to 3/1 to 3/2 to 3/3.... unbelievably annoying.  I am glad I submitted a request for a refund last week.  If they do not honor my request, I will get Amazon involved or my credit card.... this is absurd at this point.  Honestly, I should have had my refund in the bank already, and I qualify for the full EV credit, so this is not a few bucks.... its significant.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I did all that, and it STILL won't let me file. I will never use TT again. I was ready to file a month ago because my identity has been stolen several times. ABSURD.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

This delay has completely put me off TT forever. They're the most expensive, will not refund the $210 I already paid, and they can't get it together to get this done?? Unacceptable on so many levels.

I've been using TT for decades, but this will be the last time. I completed my taxes nearly a month ago because my identity has been stolen and I need to file before someone else does. DO BETTER.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Except now the app says March 4, the fourth time this date has changed. I requested a refund from TT so I could file with someone else--the app forced me to pay before even completing these forms--and was denied. I am LIVID. Never using TT again. 

Tom NC

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Does anyone know if anyone else's software is able to file 8911 yet? Taxslayer, etc.? I haven't paid for TT yet, so if there is someone else to go ahead and use, I'll do it. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

So incredibly annoyed with Turbo Tax this year because of this. I was ready to file at the end of January but had to wait weeks because the clean vehicle credit wasn't ready. Then that became ready and now I am waiting on the 8911 form. I have wasted so much time checking to see if it is ready and every time I check they just keep pushing back the date. Even more annoying is that Turbo Tax made me pay for the service already.. Worst Turbo Tax experience I have had in the decade I have been using them. 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Well, I gave up. I deleted the EV charger credit and form 8911, re-filed and the return was accepted. I'll file an amended return later claiming the credit.

I tried this last week and the return was rejected for problems related to form 5695 (I have a 2022 carry forward solar installation credit). Those needing form 5695 were going through the same fiasco as us but eventually it resolved late last week. I also looked at going to HR Block, but after reading the 2023 product 1 star reviews on Amazon, it seems their product and customer service is as bad or even worse that TT.

As a retired software engineer/software engineering manager at a large high tech company, I am STUNNED at how poorly Intuit-Turbo Tax is handling this. Both from an engineering process and a customer service standpoint. 

Next year? All my solar/EV credits will be resolved, so maybe FreeTaxUSA - Deluxe?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Same here, deleted 8911 and e-filed. Will file an amended return after TT gets its act together 

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Now it says it will be ready on March 4th! But doesn't the cost to file go up on the 29th? Total BS. It won't let me file until this is sorted out... so we should certainly get an exception for the later filing cost if we literally can't file yet. 
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 11.27.24 AM.png

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@kjanderson2 If you have already paid the TurboTax account fees for the online account the increase on March 1 does not apply.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

@all please submit feedback. They likely don't see whatever we write here. 

Findarato

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I sure hope this gets fixed soon,

Today it says March 4th for the update. When is this getting fixed?

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

I gave up and submitted without my charger on it.  At this point it's hard to say when TT will get their stuff together.  I really have no desire to amend my taxes, but I guess that's what I'll be doing.  This was my first year using TT, I won't make that mistake again.

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Please use Taxact or any other online tax software to submit and not wait. I made this mistake and was waiting until today and went ahead with the former. IRS accepted my return and now i can wait to get my refund. What a pain with Turbo tax, I have requested a refund and that is another ball with them as its online and not through customer care. 

SROak

Form 8911 Line 1 Error

Good point!  How, exactly, does one provide feedback to Intuit TurboTax?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies