turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

theyrspecial
Returning Member

Form 7202-T

I know that as of right now the form has not be finalized which is why it says Available to File by Mail on 01/28/2021... But it says Cannot e-file. Is this going to change once the form has been finalized or will we be forced to File by Mail in order to get this credit. I don't think I want to wait 4 months or more to get my taxes back for just that one credit. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Form 7202-T

@theyrspecial wrote:

I know that as of right now the form has not be finalized which is why it says Available to File by Mail on 01/28/2021... But it says Cannot e-file. Is this going to change once the form has been finalized or will we be forced to File by Mail in order to get this credit. I don't think I want to wait 4 months or more to get my taxes back for just that one credit. 

The 7202 will be mail file only.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Form 7202-T

Although not recommended, you can efile without the credit then amend later and mail in the amended return.  You will need to decide what is best for you. 

Lynn_Katina
Returning Member

Form 7202-T

Why Is it not recommended to amend? I would like to e-file my taxes and send in an amendment for my 7202-T credit. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Form 7202-T

@Critter-3 is correct. Since you know that this form is needed, it may delay the processing of the return that is submitted anyway. It is a best practice to submit your return in full at one time, rather than amending. 

Click the link for more information IRS: About Form 7202

Lynn_Katina
Returning Member

Form 7202-T

So I would need to file by mail? That would mean no return for 6-8weeks. Can I not file and then amend w the 7202-T from? What is the pros and cons in doing so? 

Lynn_Katina
Returning Member

Form 7202-T

Is the From 7202-T going to be available for e-file this tax season? Or only by mail?

Form 7202-T

Mail only - even professional software cannot e-file it.  The IRS is not providing any e-file form specifications for that form.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Lynn_Katina
Returning Member

Form 7202-T

Also some of my friends that mailed in their tax return last year still haven’t received their refund. Bc of Covid they are behind on mail in tax returns. 

Lynn_Katina
Returning Member

Form 7202-T

So would it be better for me to file my taxes with a file and then send in a amendment?

Form 7202-T

No - not better.  If you knowingly submit a tax return  that you know is not a true and complete tax return then you have submitted and e-signed a statement that says  "Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return and accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, they are true, correct, and complete."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies